Saturday, May 10, 2014

After much deliberation,  I decided I really didn't need a double laundry sink in my basement. It was made of soapstone and it was huge. I never thought I'd ever break the thing up, but I did, and it really cleared up a lot of room. I replaced it with a simple $80.00 sink from Lowes that came with a faucet. It was a no brainer. While I was there, I came across a product called lint trapper. You place the thing right in the drain and it collects the lint before going down the drain. No need for a lint screen on the hose itself! Simply clean it off and re-use. You should check it out- it's brilliant--

It's hard to beat a post as sexy as a lint trap...but I'll try and kick it up a notch on my next post.

OK--back to working on the roof.




2 comments:

Tara said...

I'd love to see feedback on how the lint trap works for you! We saw various reuseable items, but none seemed to get good reviews. We use the mesh socks and throw away when full.

American Foursquare Restoration said...

Hi Tara. This thing is fantastic. It cost something like 10 bucks at Lowes. I was so sick of constantly changing that mesh sock all of the time on the discharge hose.

For 10 bucks you should try it. Trust me. I never read any reviews of it ever. Still haven't. I just bought it when I bought the sink. It was actually laying on the floor near the sink and picked it up wondering....what the hell is this?

Just make sure it fits your sink. Mine was new so no problems. If you get it, let me know what you think here...either good or bad.